Janet Montgomery has been tapped as the lead in Salem, WGN America’s first scripted series, from Brannon Braga, Adam Simon, director Richard Shepard, Fox21 and Prospect Park. Set in the volatile world of 17th century Massachusetts, it explores what really fueled the town’s infamous witch trials. The series centers on Mary Sibley (Montgomery), the beautiful, ruthless and vulnerable at the same time wife of the ancient, ailing but very wealthy George Sibley, one of the Salem town Selectmen. Also joining the series, set to premiere next spring, is Nikita alum Xander Berkeley in the regular role of Magistrate Hale, one of the Salem’s Selectmen, a company man who believes in pomp and circumstance. Brit Montgomery, repped by UTA, Anonymous Content, Morris Yorn and Hamilton Hodell, previously starred/co-starred on CBS’ Made In Jersey, Fox’s Human Target and HBO’s Entourage and most recently toplined ABC’s pilot Gothica last season.
Janet Montgomery To Topline WGN America Drama Series ‘Salem’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast