Janet Montgomery has been tapped as the lead in Salem, WGN America’s first scripted series, from Brannon Braga, Adam Simon, director Richard Shepard, Fox21 and Prospect Park. Set in the volatile world of 17th century Massachusetts, it explores what really fueled the town’s infamous witch trials. The series centers on Mary Sibley (Montgomery), the beautiful, ruthless and vulnerable at the same time wife of the ancient, ailing but very wealthy George Sibley, one of the Salem town Selectmen. Also joining the series, set to premiere next spring, is Nikita alum Xander Berkeley in the regular role of Magistrate Hale, one of the Salem’s Selectmen, a company man who believes in pomp and circumstance. Brit Montgomery, repped by UTA, Anonymous Content, Morris Yorn and Hamilton Hodell, previously starred/co-starred on CBS’ Made In Jersey, Fox’s Human Target and HBO’s Entourage and most recently toplined ABC’s pilot Gothica last season.
Janet Montgomery To Topline WGN America Drama Series ‘Salem’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'