Janet Montgomery has been tapped as the lead in Salem, WGN America’s first scripted series, from Brannon Braga, Adam Simon, director Richard Shepard, Fox21 and Prospect Park. Set in the volatile world of 17th century Massachusetts, it explores what really fueled the town’s infamous witch trials. The series centers on Mary Sibley (Montgomery), the beautiful, ruthless and vulnerable at the same time wife of the ancient, ailing but very wealthy George Sibley, one of the Salem town Selectmen. Also joining the series, set to premiere next spring, is Nikita alum Xander Berkeley in the regular role of Magistrate Hale, one of the Salem’s Selectmen, a company man who believes in pomp and circumstance. Brit Montgomery, repped by UTA, Anonymous Content, Morris Yorn and Hamilton Hodell, previously starred/co-starred on CBS’ Made In Jersey, Fox’s Human Target and HBO’s Entourage and most recently toplined ABC’s pilot Gothica last season.
Janet Montgomery To Topline WGN America Drama Series ‘Salem’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Defenders’: S.J. Clarkson Returning To Marvel Universe To Direct Netflix Series
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Soft, NBC Lineup Up
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Hit 2nd Best Live+3 Results Ever With Season 7 Debut
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing