EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures has acquired The Wedding Dance, a comedy pitch from Jamie Denbo, the Upright Citizens Brigade performer who recently appeared in the Paul Feig-directed The Heat. They are keeping the log line under wraps, but I’m going out on a limb here and guessing The Wedding Dance has something to do with achieving an altar-ed state. Denbo most recently scripted Best Buds, which was acquired by Natalie Portman’s Handsomecharlie Films and Vendome Pictures. Rick Solomon will produce the pic and Universal exec Scott Bernstein will oversee it. Denbo is repped by CAA, Apostle’s George Heller and attorney Allison Binder.
Jamie Denbo Scores Universal Pitch Deal For ‘The Wedding Dance’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?
- Andy Bird Exiting As Chairman Of Walt Disney International
- AMC Entertainment Names Wanda Film Group President John Zeng As Chairman