Sundance Selects has picked up North American rights to the animated documentary Is The Man Who Is Tall Happy?, about the oft lightning-rod professor, linguist and political philosopher Noam Chomsky. The film, which is world premiering as the closing-night selection of next month’s DOC NYC Festival, is animated by Gondry and peels back the the life and work of Chomsky, focusing on his theory of the emergence of language. “This film is another genius creation from Michel Gondry, whose collaboration with the legendary Noam Chomsky has resulted a film that is both intellectually challenging and creatively brilliant”, said Jonathan Sehring, President of Sundance Selects/IFC Films. “Chomsky has never discussed his work in such a unique and memorable way.” The deal was negotiated with WME Independent on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sundance Selects Acquires Michel Gondry’s Noam Chomsky Docu ‘Is The Man Who Is Tall Happy?’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession