EXCLUSIVE: I can tell you that everything is still in its very early stages. And that Jeff Robinov already made clear he was not interested in just being a producer on the Sony Pictures lot. But now Robinov is talking with Dune Capital Management Chairman/CEO Steve Mnuchin and GK Films honcho Graham King and Sony USA’s Michael Lynton and Sony Pictures chief Amy Pascal about a Thomas Tull-type deal with the Culver City studio. He would bring to Sony already financed pictures like Tull did to Warner Bros with Pacific Rim and 42. However, Robinov is not especially interested in helping financing Sony’s slate like Tull did at Warners. Only recently did Robinov’s exit deal with Warner Bros Pictures even allow him to take meetings and figure out his next gig. But he still can’t take a job or even negotiate one until the middle of November even though he’s hot right now because of big grosses and awards buzz for Warner Bros’ Gravity‘s success. (Remember, Robinov took Alfonso and Jonas Cuaron’s original space drama script out of turnaround at Universal after Cuaron and his reps asked for it back when David Linde left.) Also critical acclaim for the upcoming Spike Jonze film Her among other pics. So can we please drop the Twentieth Century Fox rumor-mongering for the meantime?
Is Jeff Robinov Headed To Sony Pictures?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Toward Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival