New Nick at Nite/NickMom comedy Instant Mom pulled in big numbers in its Sunday night premiere. The series, starring and produced by Tia Mowry-Hardrict, brought in 1.3 million total viewers in its September 29th 8:30 PM slot on a competitive night of broadcast network premieres against CBS’s Amazing Race, ABC’s One Upon A Time and NBC’s Sunday Night Football. In Adults 18-49, Instant Mom raised viewing levels up 12% over last year and up 18% in K6-11. Additionally, Instant Mom’s launch on NickMom that same night at 10 PM was the block’s highest-rated premiere ever with women 18-49 and total viewers. Mowry-Hardrict stars as Stephanie, a party girl who trades in Cosmos for carpools when she marries Charlie (Michael Boatman), who already has three kids. Sheryl Lee Ralph also stars as Stephanie’s mom. Instant Mom is executive-produced by Howard Michael Gould and Aaron Kaplan.
Nick’s ‘Instant Mom’ Premieres Strong
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video