New Nick at Nite/NickMom comedy Instant Mom pulled in big numbers in its Sunday night premiere. The series, starring and produced by Tia Mowry-Hardrict, brought in 1.3 million total viewers in its September 29th 8:30 PM slot on a competitive night of broadcast network premieres against CBS’s Amazing Race, ABC’s One Upon A Time and NBC’s Sunday Night Football. In Adults 18-49, Instant Mom raised viewing levels up 12% over last year and up 18% in K6-11. Additionally, Instant Mom’s launch on NickMom that same night at 10 PM was the block’s highest-rated premiere ever with women 18-49 and total viewers. Mowry-Hardrict stars as Stephanie, a party girl who trades in Cosmos for carpools when she marries Charlie (Michael Boatman), who already has three kids. Sheryl Lee Ralph also stars as Stephanie’s mom. Instant Mom is executive-produced by Howard Michael Gould and Aaron Kaplan.
Nick’s ‘Instant Mom’ Premieres Strong
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'