New Nick at Nite/NickMom comedy Instant Mom pulled in big numbers in its Sunday night premiere. The series, starring and produced by Tia Mowry-Hardrict, brought in 1.3 million total viewers in its September 29th 8:30 PM slot on a competitive night of broadcast network premieres against CBS’s Amazing Race, ABC’s One Upon A Time and NBC’s Sunday Night Football. In Adults 18-49, Instant Mom raised viewing levels up 12% over last year and up 18% in K6-11. Additionally, Instant Mom’s launch on NickMom that same night at 10 PM was the block’s highest-rated premiere ever with women 18-49 and total viewers. Mowry-Hardrict stars as Stephanie, a party girl who trades in Cosmos for carpools when she marries Charlie (Michael Boatman), who already has three kids. Sheryl Lee Ralph also stars as Stephanie’s mom. Instant Mom is executive-produced by Howard Michael Gould and Aaron Kaplan.
Nick’s ‘Instant Mom’ Premieres Strong
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE