New Nick at Nite/NickMom comedy Instant Mom pulled in big numbers in its Sunday night premiere. The series, starring and produced by Tia Mowry-Hardrict, brought in 1.3 million total viewers in its September 29th 8:30 PM slot on a competitive night of broadcast network premieres against CBS’s Amazing Race, ABC’s One Upon A Time and NBC’s Sunday Night Football. In Adults 18-49, Instant Mom raised viewing levels up 12% over last year and up 18% in K6-11. Additionally, Instant Mom’s launch on NickMom that same night at 10 PM was the block’s highest-rated premiere ever with women 18-49 and total viewers. Mowry-Hardrict stars as Stephanie, a party girl who trades in Cosmos for carpools when she marries Charlie (Michael Boatman), who already has three kids. Sheryl Lee Ralph also stars as Stephanie’s mom. Instant Mom is executive-produced by Howard Michael Gould and Aaron Kaplan.
Nick’s ‘Instant Mom’ Premieres Strong
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video