Tickets for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire went on sale just two hours ago – and presales on the Lionsgate sequel already represent 35% of all tickets sold at MovieTickets.com in the last 24 hours. Competition was hot for online ticket sellers as rivals MovieTickets and Fandango opened Catching Fire sales with exclusives to entice fans, with both offering a free soundtrack song download with purchase and Fandango teasing additional Hunger Games-themed sweepstakes, prizes, and giveaways. The action sequel adapted from Suzanne Collins’ YA bestseller opens November 22, with first showings scheduled for November 21 at 8pm local time.
‘Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Pre-Sales Hot Online
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE