Michel Gondry‘s animated documentary Is The Man Who Is Tall Happy? will world premiere as the closing night selection at the DOC NYC Festival next month. For the film, the French helmer recorded conversations with professor, linguist and political philosopher and activist Noam Chomsky on his theory of the emergence of language. That sounds terribly high-brow, but Gondry’s hand-drawn animation lends a sense of whimsy to the deep-thought proceedings. Sundance Selects has North American rights. Here’s the trailer:
Hot Trailer: ‘Is The Man Who Is Tall Happy?’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest