Guillermo del Toro is busy directing his haunted house film Crimson Peak, prepping the FX series The Strain — based on the vampire novel trilogy he wrote with Chuck Hogan — and releasing his new book Cabinet of Curiosities. But the master multi-tasker has found the time to direct the opening segment of The Simpsons annual Halloween episode, which premieres tonight on Fox. As with all these other things, he did a frightfully good job, I think.
Hot ‘Simpsons’ Intro: Guillermo Del Toro Helms Scary Opener
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series