Director Michael Bay suffered minor injuries to his face during an alleged shakedown attempt on the set of Transformers 4 on Hong Kong Island today, The South China Morning Post reports. Bay did not require treatment, but filming on the Paramount Pictures movie was briefly interrupted when a pair of men demanded HK$100,000 ($12,900) from the filmmakers. The incident took place at the Yick Fat Building (right) on Quarry Bay at about 8:30 AM local time when the men, who are brothers, arrived at the scene. One is believed to use a ground-floor shop on the site as an office and the pair claimed the shoot was interfering with business. They allegedly attempted to obstruct filming and demanded compensation for the disruption. A source on the scene told the SCMP that the younger man threatened “inconvenience” if the filmmakers refused to pay. That’s when the police were called. While officers were wrangling with the men, one is said to have bodychecked Bay, causing slight injury to his face. But Bay remained on set and continued filming.
Extortion Attempt On ‘Transformers 4’ Set; Michael Bay Suffers Minor Injury: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Nabs All-Time R-Rated Record Opening: $135M Over 3-Days, $150M+ 4-day - Sunday AM First Update
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
Latest Film News
- Lionsgate Acquires UK Rights To ‘Ghost Stories’ – Berlin
- Debbie Harry Joins ‘I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House’ – Berlin
- WGA Awards: ‘Spotlight’ & ‘The Big Short’ Take Marquee Film Honors; ‘Mad Men’, ‘Veep’ & ‘Mr. Robot’ Top TV – Full…
- Deadline’s 2016 WGA Awards Live Blog
- Paramount Closes Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- Vertical Entertainment Catches Worldwide Rights To Baseball Pic ‘Undrafted’