Director Michael Bay suffered minor injuries to his face during an alleged shakedown attempt on the set of Transformers 4 on Hong Kong Island today, The South China Morning Post reports. Bay did not require treatment, but filming on the Paramount Pictures movie was briefly interrupted when a pair of men demanded HK$100,000 ($12,900) from the filmmakers. The incident took place at the Yick Fat Building (right) on Quarry Bay at about 8:30 AM local time when the men, who are brothers, arrived at the scene. One is believed to use a ground-floor shop on the site as an office and the pair claimed the shoot was interfering with business. They allegedly attempted to obstruct filming and demanded compensation for the disruption. A source on the scene told the SCMP that the younger man threatened “inconvenience” if the filmmakers refused to pay. That’s when the police were called. While officers were wrangling with the men, one is said to have bodychecked Bay, causing slight injury to his face. But Bay remained on set and continued filming.
Extortion Attempt On ‘Transformers 4’ Set; Michael Bay Suffers Minor Injury: Report
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…
- ‘Ismael’s Ghosts’ Trailer: Marion Cotillard Haunts A Former Lover In Arnaud Desplechin Drama
- ‘Cowboy Ninja Viking’ Adds ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Scribe Eric Pearson