EXCLUSIVE: Homeland‘s Morgan Saylor has landed the role of Julie, the teenage daughter of Kevin Costner‘s character, in Disney’s sports drama McFarland. Pic tells the true story of an ex-football coach who moves his family to rural McFarland, CA, and builds a cross-country running team out of the local school’s dirt-poor and predominantly Mexican-American student body. Niki Caro is helming the pic. Maria Bello also stars as Jim’s wife, Cheryl. Saylor next appears in the upcoming Jamie Marks Is Dead opposite Liv Tyler and Judy Greer and is now in her third season playing Dana Brody on Showtime’s Homeland. She’s repped by UTA and Management 360.
‘Homeland’s Morgan Saylor Joins Disney Sports Drama ‘McFarland’
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Update: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Parents, Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized to Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
Box Office Weekend: 'Fury' Wins War With $23M+; 'Book Of Life,' $16.6M to $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M; 'Best Of Me' $10M+
More From Yamato
- Misty Upham Found Dead: Family Of 'Frozen River' Actress Says Police Uncooperative In Search – Update
- Management & Prod. Co LEIBO Launches In L.A.
- Paul Schrader Wages Silent Protest Over Re-Edited 'Dying Of The Light'
- Warwick Davis Back For 'Star Wars: Episode VII' – Video
- 'The Dead Lands' Helmer Toa Fraser To Direct '6 Days' – AFM