EXCLUSIVE: Hallmark Channel is expanding its scripted portfolio. I’ve learned that the cable network has given a 10-episode order to Signed, Sealed, Delivered (formerly Dead Letters) ahead of the backdoor pilot’s October 12 premiere as an original movie. I hear the decision was made based on great testing results for the pilot. Created and executive produced by former Touched By An Angel executive producer Martha Williamson, Signed, Sealed & Delivered is a comedic drama about an intrepid group of mail detectives in the Dead Letter Office who will deliver every last lost & dead letter to its rightful owner just when the recipient needs it most. Ugly Betty alum Eric Mabius is leading that cast, which also includes Daphne Zuniga, Kristin Booth, Crystal Lowe and Geoff Gustafson. Williamson is executive producing with Joel S. Rice, Michael Prupas and Jesse Prupas. The pickup comes on the heels of the second season renewal for Hallmark’s first scripted series, the Andie MacDowell starrer Cedar Cove. The network’s second series, When Calls The Heart starring Jean Smart and Lori Loughlin, premieres in January.
Hallmark Channel Picks Up ‘Signed, Sealed, Delivered’ Starring Eric Mabius To Series
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Aaron Paul Starts Production Company, Inks First Look Deal With Sony TV
- 'Emerald City' Not Going Forward At NBC
- 'Bates Motel's Freddie Highmore & Kerry Ehrin Sell Romantic Comedy To NBC
- Stephen Gaghan To Direct AMC Pilot 'White City'
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah