EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off an acting break to attend NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, Haley Joel Osment has landed a pair of indie comedies: the Kevin Smith-helmed Tusk and Max Landis’ Me Him Her. In Tusk, Osment will play Teddy, whose best friend and podcast co-host (Justin Long) goes missing in the backwoods of Canada. He joins forces with his friend’s girlfriend (Genesis Rodriguez) to search for him. Production begins next month in North Carolina and LA. Me Him Her‘s plot is being kept under wraps, but the cast includes Scott Bakula, Alia Shawkat and Geena Davis. Osment also appears on Amazon Studios’ sitcom Alpha House, and is in the IFC miniseries Spoils Of Babylon from Funny Or Die which debuts in January. He is repped by Resolution, The Schiff Co and Coast To Coast.
Haley Joel Osment Lands Two Indie Comedies
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Midnight Rider': New Footage Reveals Seconds Leading To Train Impact: Video
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt