The federal government shutdown has affected film and TV shoots in the LA area. “Due to the Federal government shutdown, the Angeles National Forest, L.A. River, Sepulveda Dam, the West Lost Angeles VA Medical Center and all other Federal locations have been placed on indefinite hiatus for filming”, FilmL.A. said in a statement today. The nonprofit organization that processes permits for on-location motion picture, television and commercial shoots in the L.A. region says no permits are being issued at this time. Parts of the federal government shut down at midnight Tuesday after Congress failed to reach an agreement on a budget.
Government Shutdown Prompts Ban On Film, TV Shoots In Federal LA Locations
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A ‘Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- H Collective Lands Aaron W. Sala Horror Spec ‘The Beast’
- ‘Best F(r)iends’ Clip: Tommy Wiseau Makes Room For Another Cult Masterpiece In Bizarre Noir Thriller
- Nick Nolte, Matt Dillon & Emily Mortimer Join ‘Honey In The Head’ Redo
- Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay