David Fincher’s Gone Girl will be released on October 3, 2014, Fox said this morning as it jiggered its release slate for next fall. Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike star in the adaptation of the Gillian Flynn novel, about a husband whose wife disappears on the day of their fifth anniversary, and all roads point to him as the killer. To make room, Fox shifted Book Of Life, the previous film on that date, back two weeks to October 17, and it shoved back its James McAvoy-starrer Frankenstein from October 17, 2014 to the decidedly less Halloween-friendly date of January 16, 2015. That will make the release of the Paul McGuigan-directed adaptation of the Mary Shelley monster classic out about a full year after Lionsgate/Lakeshore’s version I Frankenstein, which is set for January 2014. Fox also confirmed that Son Of God, the feature version of Mark Burnett and Roma Downey’s History miniseries The Bible, will open wide on February 28, 2014.
Fox Sets ‘Gone Girl’ Release For October 2014 And Shuffles Other Dates
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Eva Longoria, Jeremy Piven & Jessica Szohr Star In Jamie Foxx’s Directorial Debut Pic
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- Marvel’s Annie Chang Joins Academy’s Tech Council
- Lin Oeding To Direct ‘Office Uprising’ Starring Brenton Thwaites – AFM
- Andrew Cripps Joining Fox As President Of International Theatrical Distribution
- Watch Donald Trump’s Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star Get Destroyed