David Fincher’s Gone Girl will be released on October 3, 2014, Fox said this morning as it jiggered its release slate for next fall. Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike star in the adaptation of the Gillian Flynn novel, about a husband whose wife disappears on the day of their fifth anniversary, and all roads point to him as the killer. To make room, Fox shifted Book Of Life, the previous film on that date, back two weeks to October 17, and it shoved back its James McAvoy-starrer Frankenstein from October 17, 2014 to the decidedly less Halloween-friendly date of January 16, 2015. That will make the release of the Paul McGuigan-directed adaptation of the Mary Shelley monster classic out about a full year after Lionsgate/Lakeshore’s version I Frankenstein, which is set for January 2014. Fox also confirmed that Son Of God, the feature version of Mark Burnett and Roma Downey’s History miniseries The Bible, will open wide on February 28, 2014.
Fox Sets ‘Gone Girl’ Release For October 2014 And Shuffles Other Dates
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production