FX has teamed with Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy and Christian Colson — the Oscar-winning director-writer-producer team behind Slumdog Millionaire and 127 Hours — for a 10-part miniseries. Written by Beaufoy, Telemark is based on the true story of the British-trained Norwegian resistance fighters who sabotaged Hitler’s nuclear development program during World War II. “This is one of the world’s greatest stories and we want to tell it on an epic scale,” Boyle said. Telemark, produced by Cloud Eight/Decibel Films, marks Boyle, Beaufoy and Colson’s first project for American television. The trio all won Oscars for Slumdog Millionaire — Boyle for directing, Beaufoy for writing, and Colson shared in the best picture win as a producer. Telemark is the second limited series/miniseries to get a green light at FX as part of the cable network’s push in that arena. The first, Fargo, will premiere next spring.
FX Orders WWII Miniseries From ‘Slumdog Millionaire’s Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy & Christian Colson
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Alien: Covenant' Adds $30M In 2nd Frame; 'Dangal' Pins $100M+ In China; 'Guardians 2' At $733M WW - International Box Office
Are Comedies In Peril On The Big Screen & Headed To Streaming? Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler & 'Meyerowitz' Cast Sound Off - Cannes
Latest TV News
- John Oliver: Donald Trump’s Last Seven Days “Absolutely Insane”
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Review: WTF Was That?
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for Megyn Kelly’s New Sunday Magazine Show
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Fans in Italy Get Episodes Early Due to Sky Italia Gaffe
- Hugh Grant To Star In Stephen Frears’ ‘A Very English Scandal’ For BBC One
- Sasheer Zamata Exiting ‘Saturday Night Live’: Third Cast Member In Week