FX has teamed with Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy and Christian Colson — the Oscar-winning director-writer-producer team behind Slumdog Millionaire and 127 Hours — for a 10-part miniseries. Written by Beaufoy, Telemark is based on the true story of the British-trained Norwegian resistance fighters who sabotaged Hitler’s nuclear development program during World War II. “This is one of the world’s greatest stories and we want to tell it on an epic scale,” Boyle said. Telemark, produced by Cloud Eight/Decibel Films, marks Boyle, Beaufoy and Colson’s first project for American television. The trio all won Oscars for Slumdog Millionaire — Boyle for directing, Beaufoy for writing, and Colson shared in the best picture win as a producer. Telemark is the second limited series/miniseries to get a green light at FX as part of the cable network’s push in that arena. The first, Fargo, will premiere next spring.
FX Orders WWII Miniseries From ‘Slumdog Millionaire’s Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy & Christian Colson
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Latest TV News
- Netflix Giving NYT Magazine’s ‘Diagnosis’ Column The Docuseries Treatment
- ‘Monty Python’ Heads To Netflix As SVOD Service Picks Up Entire Comedy Catalog
- Channel 4 & Netflix Take Inspiration From ‘Apocalypse Now’ For Teen Drama ‘Kiss Me First’
- Amazon Snaps Up ‘Falco’; Euro TV Firms Set Internet Protections; Tuchman Joins NextUp – Global Briefs
- ‘The Assassination of Gianni Versace’ Writer Tom Rob Smith Says British Drama Is Moving Into Line With U.S.
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Steven Knight On Fans & Heroes As He Nabs First BAFTA Nomination For Writing Gangster Saga