FX has teamed with Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy and Christian Colson — the Oscar-winning director-writer-producer team behind Slumdog Millionaire and 127 Hours — for a 10-part miniseries. Written by Beaufoy, Telemark is based on the true story of the British-trained Norwegian resistance fighters who sabotaged Hitler’s nuclear development program during World War II. “This is one of the world’s greatest stories and we want to tell it on an epic scale,” Boyle said. Telemark, produced by Cloud Eight/Decibel Films, marks Boyle, Beaufoy and Colson’s first project for American television. The trio all won Oscars for Slumdog Millionaire — Boyle for directing, Beaufoy for writing, and Colson shared in the best picture win as a producer. Telemark is the second limited series/miniseries to get a green light at FX as part of the cable network’s push in that arena. The first, Fargo, will premiere next spring.
FX Orders WWII Miniseries From ‘Slumdog Millionaire’s Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy & Christian Colson
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Books John Boehner For ‘Tonight Show’ As Pol Guests Suddenly Sexy
- ‘Red Oaks’ Review: Amazon’s 1985-Set Coming-Of-Age Comedy Is A Grand Slam
- Kevin Corcoran Dies: ‘Old Yeller’ Actor And TV Producer Was 66
- Eva Longoria To Produce Interracial Family Comedy For ABC
- Deborah Barak Promoted To President Of Business Operations At CBS
- Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today — Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over