FX has teamed with Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy and Christian Colson — the Oscar-winning director-writer-producer team behind Slumdog Millionaire and 127 Hours — for a 10-part miniseries. Written by Beaufoy, Telemark is based on the true story of the British-trained Norwegian resistance fighters who sabotaged Hitler’s nuclear development program during World War II. “This is one of the world’s greatest stories and we want to tell it on an epic scale,” Boyle said. Telemark, produced by Cloud Eight/Decibel Films, marks Boyle, Beaufoy and Colson’s first project for American television. The trio all won Oscars for Slumdog Millionaire — Boyle for directing, Beaufoy for writing, and Colson shared in the best picture win as a producer. Telemark is the second limited series/miniseries to get a green light at FX as part of the cable network’s push in that arena. The first, Fargo, will premiere next spring.
FX Orders WWII Miniseries From ‘Slumdog Millionaire’s Danny Boyle, Simon Beaufoy & Christian Colson
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'