Fox Networks Group CEO Peter Rice made the announcement, which puts Michael Biard in charge of distribution strategy, sales and marketing — replacing Mike Hopkins, who last week became CEO of Hulu. His turf includes Fox Broadcasting and Fox’s 45 national and regional domestic television networks as well as their non-linear extensions including VOD, online, mobile and other emerging platforms. Rice calls Biard “a gifted negotiator who is also able to analyze and solve complex issues in order to create significant value for Fox and our MVPD and broadcast affiliate partners.” Biard has been with the company for 13 years, and helped with the launch and acquisition of networks including Fox Sports 1, FXX, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Mundo, and BTN (formerly Big Ten Network). He also oversaw digital distribution efforts including TV Everywhere initiatives and VOD.
Fox Networks Promotes Michael Biard To President Of Distribution
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Latest Business News
- Carl Icahn Steps Down As Donald Trump Adviser On Regulatory Reform
- Roman Polanski Denied Dismissal Of 1977 Rape Case; Vital Testimony Stays Sealed
- Stuart Thompson Dies: ‘Proof’, ‘On Golden Pond’ Broadway Producer Was 62
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- Will MoviePass Give Theaters A Jolt Of Innovation, Or Is It Doomed To Fail?