Fox Networks Group CEO Peter Rice made the announcement, which puts Michael Biard in charge of distribution strategy, sales and marketing — replacing Mike Hopkins, who last week became CEO of Hulu. His turf includes Fox Broadcasting and Fox’s 45 national and regional domestic television networks as well as their non-linear extensions including VOD, online, mobile and other emerging platforms. Rice calls Biard “a gifted negotiator who is also able to analyze and solve complex issues in order to create significant value for Fox and our MVPD and broadcast affiliate partners.” Biard has been with the company for 13 years, and helped with the launch and acquisition of networks including Fox Sports 1, FXX, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Mundo, and BTN (formerly Big Ten Network). He also oversaw digital distribution efforts including TV Everywhere initiatives and VOD.
Fox Networks Promotes Michael Biard To President Of Distribution
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Business News
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Under Increasing Pressure After Major Sponsors Speak Out
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- George Takei’s Personal ‘Allegiance’ Sets Cast For Fall Broadway Bow
- ESPN Drafts Chris Connelly To Replace Fired Bill Simmons As Grantland Chief
- Tracy Morgan Says Wal-Mart “Did Right” In Fatal Crash Settlement
- Musicians Union Slaps Studios With Lawsuit Over Reuse Of Film Tunes