Fox Networks Group CEO Peter Rice made the announcement, which puts Michael Biard in charge of distribution strategy, sales and marketing — replacing Mike Hopkins, who last week became CEO of Hulu. His turf includes Fox Broadcasting and Fox’s 45 national and regional domestic television networks as well as their non-linear extensions including VOD, online, mobile and other emerging platforms. Rice calls Biard “a gifted negotiator who is also able to analyze and solve complex issues in order to create significant value for Fox and our MVPD and broadcast affiliate partners.” Biard has been with the company for 13 years, and helped with the launch and acquisition of networks including Fox Sports 1, FXX, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Mundo, and BTN (formerly Big Ten Network). He also oversaw digital distribution efforts including TV Everywhere initiatives and VOD.
Fox Networks Promotes Michael Biard To President Of Distribution
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Sony Slapped With Negligence Suit By Ex-VP On Hacking Anniversary
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- Alec Baldwin, Laurence Fishburne, LaTanya Richardson Jackson To Read At Arthur Miller’s 100th Birthday Party
- TiVo Reports Record Sub Growth As It Starts To Look For A New CEO
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- ‘Sylvia’, With Matthew Broderick, Will Shutter Early On Broadway