Fox Networks Group CEO Peter Rice made the announcement, which puts Michael Biard in charge of distribution strategy, sales and marketing — replacing Mike Hopkins, who last week became CEO of Hulu. His turf includes Fox Broadcasting and Fox’s 45 national and regional domestic television networks as well as their non-linear extensions including VOD, online, mobile and other emerging platforms. Rice calls Biard “a gifted negotiator who is also able to analyze and solve complex issues in order to create significant value for Fox and our MVPD and broadcast affiliate partners.” Biard has been with the company for 13 years, and helped with the launch and acquisition of networks including Fox Sports 1, FXX, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, Nat Geo Mundo, and BTN (formerly Big Ten Network). He also oversaw digital distribution efforts including TV Everywhere initiatives and VOD.
Fox Networks Promotes Michael Biard To President Of Distribution
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Lieberman
- Yahoo’s $40B Gift To Shareholders: It Will Spin Off Alibaba Holdings
- WWE Network Pins 1M Subs, Taking Company Shares Off The Ropes
- IMAX Stock Buoyed By ‘Mission: Impossible’ Switch And Box Office Sales
- NYC Passes Tokyo As Top Entertainment & Media Spender – Report
- Can CEOs Convince Wall Street That TV’s Lost Ad Dollars Will Come Back?
- Former Fox Station Employee Commits Suicide Outside Corporate Headquarters