20th Century Fox is gathering steam on the reboot of Marvel’s Fantastic Four that will be helmed by Chronicle director Josh Trank. It has long been rumored that Fruitvale Station‘s Michael B. Jordan is likely to play the flammable Johnny “Human Torch” Storm, and the names I’m hearing for the flexible genius Reed Richards are Jack O’Connell (he’s playing Lou Zamperini in Angelina Jolie-directed Unbroken), Divergent‘s Miles Teller, and Game Of Thrones‘ Kit Harington. For the role of Sue Storm, the names are The Host’s Saoirse Ronan, 127 Hours‘ Kate Mara and The Wolf Of Wall Street‘s Margot Robbie. No decisions have been made yet, per the studio. Simon Kinberg is doing a rewrite. Stay tuned.
Fox Narrowing The ‘Fantastic Four’ Field
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks