20th Century Fox is gathering steam on the reboot of Marvel’s Fantastic Four that will be helmed by Chronicle director Josh Trank. It has long been rumored that Fruitvale Station‘s Michael B. Jordan is likely to play the flammable Johnny “Human Torch” Storm, and the names I’m hearing for the flexible genius Reed Richards are Jack O’Connell (he’s playing Lou Zamperini in Angelina Jolie-directed Unbroken), Divergent‘s Miles Teller, and Game Of Thrones‘ Kit Harington. For the role of Sue Storm, the names are The Host’s Saoirse Ronan, 127 Hours‘ Kate Mara and The Wolf Of Wall Street‘s Margot Robbie. No decisions have been made yet, per the studio. Simon Kinberg is doing a rewrite. Stay tuned.
Fox Narrowing The ‘Fantastic Four’ Field
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- TIFF 2016 Lineup Announcement Live Stream
- Disney-Owned Foodles Production Admits Two Breaches Over Harrison Ford ‘Star Wars’ Accident
- Paramount And European Union Finalise Deal Over Anti-Trust Investigation
- Panama Papers Movie Set At Netflix; John Wells Teams With Journos Who Broke Story
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional