EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation with three networks pursuing, Fox has landed My Ex Life, a multi-camera comedy from 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV. Written by journalist/TV writer Joel Stein, My Ex Life centers on an extremely successful, type-A tech entrepreneur who thought he had a pain-free divorce until he is introduced to his ex’s new boyfriend. He’s a younger, more handsome, laid back, jock type who everyone in his family (especially his kids) absolutely idolizes. Gregg Mettler (Cougar Town), who has an overall deal at 20th TV, will serve as showrunner and executive produce with Stein and Imagine’s Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo. This marks the second put pilot at Fox for Imagine TV this season — the company also has a hip hop family drama project with The Butler’s writer Danny Strong and director Lee Daniels, which was spearheaded by Grazer.
Fox Nabs Divorce Comedy From Imagine TV With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two