EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has set Carter Blanchard to script a film based on his pitch for an adaptation of the Mark Millar comic Kindergarten Heroes. It’s the next movie transfer for Millar, whose comic creations include the decidedly adult-themed Wanted and Kick-Ass. He hasn’t abandoned the superhero set, but he has taken aim at young readers with Kindergarten Heroes. Simon Kinberg will produce under his Fox deal. Steve Asbell is the executive on the project, and the hope is to hatch a family-friendly film franchise. Blanchard is coming off Glimmer, a priority project at DreamWorks, and Spy Hunter, which has Ruben Fleischer directing for Warner Bros and producer Dan Lin. Blanchard is repped by Paradigm and Madhouse.
Fox Sets Mark Millar’s Family-Friendly ‘Kindergarten Heroes’; Carter Blanchard To Script
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
Latest Film News
- ‘Trolls’ Director Mike Mitchell On Making The Miyazaki-Influenced DreamWorks Fairy Tale
- ‘Joe’s Violin’ Director Kahane Cooperman On Crying For Two Years In Making Of Emotional Documentary Short…
- BBC Earth Films To Screen In China; ITV, Huace In Format Deal – Global Briefs
- Scandinavian VFX Group Goodbye Kansas Blows Into UK With New London Outpost
- ‘The Mummy’ Trailer: Watch The Franchise Rise From The Grave
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $177M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl…