Recently reunited for 24: Live Another Day, former 24 executive producer/showrunner Howard Gordon and executive producer Evan Katz are expanding their relationship into development. Fox, the network of 24 and the upcoming event series 24: Live Another Day, has given a script commitment with penalty to Trial of The Century, a serialized legal thriller from 20th Century Fox TV and two studio-based companies, Gordon’s Teakwood Lane and Bryan Furst, Sean Furst and Richard Shepard’s Olé. Written by Katz as part of his overall deal at 20th TV, Trial Of The Century is told from the POV of a young Latina attorney working on a unique high-profile case. Kartz, Gordon, Bryan & Sean Furst and Shepard are executive producing, with Shepard attached to direct if the project goes to pilot. Gordon and Katz, both executive producers on 24: Live Another Day, are repped by WME, 3 Arts and Michael Gendler; Shepard, who recently joined Fox21’s WGN America series Salem as director/exec producer, is with WME, Anonymous Content and Alan Wertheimer; Bryan and Sean Furst are with WME and Andrew Hurwitz.
Fox Buys Legal Thriller From ‘24’ Duo Evan Katz & Howard Gordon With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Delivers Fox News Channel’s Second-Best Town Hall Demo Ratings
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?