Recently reunited for 24: Live Another Day, former 24 executive producer/showrunner Howard Gordon and executive producer Evan Katz are expanding their relationship into development. Fox, the network of 24 and the upcoming event series 24: Live Another Day, has given a script commitment with penalty to Trial of The Century, a serialized legal thriller from 20th Century Fox TV and two studio-based companies, Gordon’s Teakwood Lane and Bryan Furst, Sean Furst and Richard Shepard’s Olé. Written by Katz as part of his overall deal at 20th TV, Trial Of The Century is told from the POV of a young Latina attorney working on a unique high-profile case. Kartz, Gordon, Bryan & Sean Furst and Shepard are executive producing, with Shepard attached to direct if the project goes to pilot. Gordon and Katz, both executive producers on 24: Live Another Day, are repped by WME, 3 Arts and Michael Gendler; Shepard, who recently joined Fox21’s WGN America series Salem as director/exec producer, is with WME, Anonymous Content and Alan Wertheimer; Bryan and Sean Furst are with WME and Andrew Hurwitz.
Fox Buys Legal Thriller From ‘24’ Duo Evan Katz & Howard Gordon With Penalty
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over