EXCLUSIVE: Fox 2000 is moving forward with an adaptation of the 2012 John Grisham bestseller The Racketeer, setting Frank Baldwin to write the script. Double Features partners Michael Shamberg and Stacey Sher are producing. The novel revolves around a former marine-turned-attorney in a small Virginia law firm who unwittingly gets caught up in a shady deal and is given a decade sentence after an FBI sweep. His career and marriage in tatters, he gains leverage when a judge is murdered and he’s the only one who knows why and what was kept in the judge’s empty safe. He gets sprung, but is not near done getting revenge against the feds that put him behind bars. The project was originally set up with Fox 2000 and New Regency but the latter exited when talks with Safe House helmer Daniel Espinosa hit the rocks. Baldwin has done the Black List scripts When Corruption Was King and The Art Of Making Money. Baldwin is repped by WME and Leverage’s Michael Garnett.
Fox 2000 Sets Frank Baldwin To Script John Grisham Legal Thriller ‘The Racketeer’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Disney Swingin' As 'The Jungle Book' Beats $700M Global; 'Captain America: Civil War' Rises To $224.3M Offshore
Latest Film News
- Kevin Dillon & DeRon Horton Planted As Leads In ‘Dirt’
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Target In ‘Why We’re Killing Gunther’
- ‘Diary Of An Oxygen Thief’ Sells To S&S Imprint Gallery After Gotham Group Buys Screen Rights
- FilmRise Grabs Global Rights to SXSW Thriller ‘My Father Die’; Kino Lorber’s Sol Y Luna Acquires ‘Lucha Mexico…
- ‘A Bigger Splash’ Review: Sex, Seduction, Rock ‘N’ Roll & Naked Stars – Do We Have…
- Dascha Polanco Lands Female Lead In ‘iCreep’; Ingjerd Egeberg Joins ‘Downsizing’