EXCLUSIVE: Canadian director Jamie Travis (The Patterns Trilogy), whose feature debut For A Good Time, Call… was acquired by Focus out of Sundance last year, has set his next film. He’ll helm When We First Met for Footprint Features, an indie comedy described as 500 Days Of Summer meets Groundhog Day. John Whittington’s script is about a man who spends the perfect first night with the girl of his dreams only to get stuck in the friend zone for the next three years – until he gets the chance to travel back in time to change that night, and his fate, over and over again. Cast is coming together with Footprint Features’ Adam Saunders and MXN’s Mason Novick (500 Days of Summer, Bad Words, Juno) and Michelle Knudsen producing. Footprint Features is co-financing the pic. Whittington is repped by WME and MXN. Travis, who recently shot MTV’s comedy pilot Faking It, is repped by WME and Media Talent Group.
‘For A Good Time Call…’s Jamie Travis To Direct ‘When We First Met’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- Oscar Best Picture Smackdown: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Vs Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Both Asking, “What The Hell Is Going On?”…
- Four Studios Bidding On ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn’s Short Story ‘The Grownup’: Hot Package…
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps An Unusually Strong Best Actress Race – AwardsLine
- Peter Bart: Oscar Trail Is Long And Winding For The Smart Filmmakers Of ‘Spotlight’ and ‘The Big Short…
- Les Moonves Says He Has “Free Rein” To Run CBS, But Likes “Stability”
- Endurance Media Taps Steve Barnett As Production Prexy, Acquires Trio Of Scripts