EXCLUSIVE: Canadian director Jamie Travis (The Patterns Trilogy), whose feature debut For A Good Time, Call… was acquired by Focus out of Sundance last year, has set his next film. He’ll helm When We First Met for Footprint Features, an indie comedy described as 500 Days Of Summer meets Groundhog Day. John Whittington’s script is about a man who spends the perfect first night with the girl of his dreams only to get stuck in the friend zone for the next three years – until he gets the chance to travel back in time to change that night, and his fate, over and over again. Cast is coming together with Footprint Features’ Adam Saunders and MXN’s Mason Novick (500 Days of Summer, Bad Words, Juno) and Michelle Knudsen producing. Footprint Features is co-financing the pic. Whittington is repped by WME and MXN. Travis, who recently shot MTV’s comedy pilot Faking It, is repped by WME and Media Talent Group.
‘For A Good Time Call…’s Jamie Travis To Direct ‘When We First Met’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- WME Signs 'Starry Eyes' Directing Duo
- 'NSYNC's JC Chasez Cast In Topher Grace Movie Musical
- Jenny Mollen To Write & Star In Autobiographical Comedy For ABC
- 'Everly' Producers Eye Black List Action-Thriller 'Dig'
- Taye Diggs Joins Topher Grace Musical Comedy 'One Shot'
- Tate Donovan Joins Elle Fanning Transgender Drama 'Three Generations'