In a competitive situation, CBS has landed a comedy from Happy Endings creator David Caspe and Community co-executive producer Erik Sommers with penalty. It is one of two comedy projects sold by Sommers, along with an ABC half-hour executive produced by Will Gluck. Both are produced by Sony TV. CBS’ Roommates reunites Happy Endings creator Caspe with the series’ co-executive producer Sommers and producing entities Sony TV and studio-based Fanfare. Written by Sommers and Caspe, the project centers on a successful, suave ladies man whose perfect life gets turned upside down when a mess of a guy saves his life and then immediately cashes in on his IOU by asking for a place to stay. The two exec produce with Jamie Tarses. The ABC project, written by Sommers, is about a plucky young doctor who follows her dreams and starts working in the chaotic ER of an inner-city hospital, where she finds that the only people weirder than the patients are the doctors and nurses who treat them. UTA-repped Sommers is exec producing with Olive Bridge’s Gluck and Richie Schwartz. Caspe, repped by WME, Magnolia Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein, also has comedy Marry Me with Seth Gordon and Tarses at NBC with pilot production commitment. Gluck with UTA.
Erik Sommers Teams With David Caspe & Will Gluck For CBS & ABC Comedy Projects
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel