In a competitive situation, CBS has landed a comedy from Happy Endings creator David Caspe and Community co-executive producer Erik Sommers with penalty. It is one of two comedy projects sold by Sommers, along with an ABC half-hour executive produced by Will Gluck. Both are produced by Sony TV. CBS’ Roommates reunites Happy Endings creator Caspe with the series’ co-executive producer Sommers and producing entities Sony TV and studio-based Fanfare. Written by Sommers and Caspe, the project centers on a successful, suave ladies man whose perfect life gets turned upside down when a mess of a guy saves his life and then immediately cashes in on his IOU by asking for a place to stay. The two exec produce with Jamie Tarses. The ABC project, written by Sommers, is about a plucky young doctor who follows her dreams and starts working in the chaotic ER of an inner-city hospital, where she finds that the only people weirder than the patients are the doctors and nurses who treat them. UTA-repped Sommers is exec producing with Olive Bridge’s Gluck and Richie Schwartz. Caspe, repped by WME, Magnolia Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein, also has comedy Marry Me with Seth Gordon and Tarses at NBC with pilot production commitment. Gluck with UTA.
Erik Sommers Teams With David Caspe & Will Gluck For CBS & ABC Comedy Projects
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
- ER Drama 'Code Black' From Michael Seitzman Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'