Elizabeth Olsen is heading for her superhero movie debut in Marvel‘s 2015 sequel The Avengers: Age of Ultron. A source close to the situation tells Deadline she’s all but sealed for the pic and that her deal is “just a matter of formality before it’s done.” Marvel isn’t officially talking specifics but Samuel L. Jackson, the Avengers’ Nick Fury, confirmed Olsen’s casting as the Scarlet Witch during an interview with the WSJ. Olsen next appears in FilmDistrict’s Oldboy and is repped by The Gersh Agency, Brillstein Partners, and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern.
Elizabeth Olsen Closing On Deal To Join ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards