Elizabeth Olsen is heading for her superhero movie debut in Marvel‘s 2015 sequel The Avengers: Age of Ultron. A source close to the situation tells Deadline she’s all but sealed for the pic and that her deal is “just a matter of formality before it’s done.” Marvel isn’t officially talking specifics but Samuel L. Jackson, the Avengers’ Nick Fury, confirmed Olsen’s casting as the Scarlet Witch during an interview with the WSJ. Olsen next appears in FilmDistrict’s Oldboy and is repped by The Gersh Agency, Brillstein Partners, and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern.
Elizabeth Olsen Closing On Deal To Join ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks – Mon…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege Christian…