Eliza Dushku and Louisa Krause have been cast in Jane Wants A Boyfriend, which is now shooting in Brooklyn. Inspired by true events, the story explores a week in the life of a young woman (Krause) with Asperger’s, who enlists her older sister (Dushku) to help her find her first boyfriend. William C. Sullivan is directing Jarret Kerr’s script. Lauren Brady is producing the pic from Copperline Creative, a new NY-based production company with a focus on purchasing, developing and promoting unique independent projects in theater and film with a philanthropic bent. Its founder and CEO Anne Dempsey comes from the ad world. Dushku recently wrapped shooting the reboot of The Saint as a backdoor pilot. She is repped by UTA, Silver Lining Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman. Krause’s recent credits include Martha Marcy May Marlene and Young Adult.
Eliza Dushku & Louisa Krause Board Indie Drama ‘Jane Wants A Boyfriend’
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscars: A Best Picture Envelope Disaster Isn’t Enough To Take Away The Triumph Of The Best Academy Awards Show In Many A…
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief
- Another Oscars Gaffe: Image Of Living Australian Producer Mistakenly Used During In Memoriam Segment
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame