Eliza Dushku and Louisa Krause have been cast in Jane Wants A Boyfriend, which is now shooting in Brooklyn. Inspired by true events, the story explores a week in the life of a young woman (Krause) with Asperger’s, who enlists her older sister (Dushku) to help her find her first boyfriend. William C. Sullivan is directing Jarret Kerr’s script. Lauren Brady is producing the pic from Copperline Creative, a new NY-based production company with a focus on purchasing, developing and promoting unique independent projects in theater and film with a philanthropic bent. Its founder and CEO Anne Dempsey comes from the ad world. Dushku recently wrapped shooting the reboot of The Saint as a backdoor pilot. She is repped by UTA, Silver Lining Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman. Krause’s recent credits include Martha Marcy May Marlene and Young Adult.
Eliza Dushku & Louisa Krause Board Indie Drama ‘Jane Wants A Boyfriend’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video