Looks like there is another Presidential movie in DreamWorks’ future. The Lincoln studio announced today that it has picked up the rights to The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism. Out on November 5 from Simon & Schuster, the book about the bitter rivalry between the two former friends and Presidents is the latest from Doris Kearns Goodwin. The bestselling and Pulitzer Prize winning historian’s Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln served partially as the basis for the studio’s Oscar winning 2012 film about the 16th President. “Doris has once again given us the best seats in the house where we can watch two dynamic American personalities in a battle for power and friendship,” said Steven Spielberg in a statement today. It is not yet determined if Spielberg will direct the film, insiders say. Doris Kearns Goodwin was repped in the deal by ICM Partners.
DreamWorks Picks Up Rights To New Teddy Roosevelt Book By ‘Team Of Rivals’ Author Doris Kearns Goodwin
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- H Collective Lands Aaron W. Sala Horror Spec ‘The Beast’
- ‘Best F(r)iends’ Clip: Tommy Wiseau Makes Room For Another Cult Masterpiece In Bizarre Noir Thriller
- Nick Nolte, Matt Dillon & Emily Mortimer Join ‘Honey In The Head’ Redo
- Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay