BREAKING: DreamWorks has acquired the upcoming sci-fi thriller novel Spark by John Twelve Hawks. Doubleday is publishing the book in the U.S. and UK in October 2014, and the deal was just made by UTA’s Kassie Evashevski. The author, also repped by Writers House, is well-known for being reclusive. He’s known to his fans as J12H and supposedly communicates to the outside world through untraceable satellite calls using a voice scrambler. He just prefers to live off the grid, and that will be a little easier with some of that movie deal option cash. Warner Bros last year optioned his Fourth Realm Trilogy series.
DreamWorks Buys John Twelve Hawks Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Spark’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Variety Claims Exclusive On Day-Old Deadline Scoop On Sony's 'The Interview'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film