BREAKING: DreamWorks has acquired the upcoming sci-fi thriller novel Spark by John Twelve Hawks. Doubleday is publishing the book in the U.S. and UK in October 2014, and the deal was just made by UTA’s Kassie Evashevski. The author, also repped by Writers House, is well-known for being reclusive. He’s known to his fans as J12H and supposedly communicates to the outside world through untraceable satellite calls using a voice scrambler. He just prefers to live off the grid, and that will be a little easier with some of that movie deal option cash. Warner Bros last year optioned his Fourth Realm Trilogy series.
DreamWorks Buys John Twelve Hawks Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Spark’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc 'Believer' — Sundance Studio
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…