BREAKING: DreamWorks has acquired the upcoming sci-fi thriller novel Spark by John Twelve Hawks. Doubleday is publishing the book in the U.S. and UK in October 2014, and the deal was just made by UTA’s Kassie Evashevski. The author, also repped by Writers House, is well-known for being reclusive. He’s known to his fans as J12H and supposedly communicates to the outside world through untraceable satellite calls using a voice scrambler. He just prefers to live off the grid, and that will be a little easier with some of that movie deal option cash. Warner Bros last year optioned his Fourth Realm Trilogy series.
DreamWorks Buys John Twelve Hawks Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Spark’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency