BREAKING: DreamWorks has acquired the upcoming sci-fi thriller novel Spark by John Twelve Hawks. Doubleday is publishing the book in the U.S. and UK in October 2014, and the deal was just made by UTA’s Kassie Evashevski. The author, also repped by Writers House, is well-known for being reclusive. He’s known to his fans as J12H and supposedly communicates to the outside world through untraceable satellite calls using a voice scrambler. He just prefers to live off the grid, and that will be a little easier with some of that movie deal option cash. Warner Bros last year optioned his Fourth Realm Trilogy series.
DreamWorks Buys John Twelve Hawks Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Spark’
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Donald Trump Threatens Iran, Blasts Michael Cohen Question, Plucks Dandruff Off Emmanuel Macron At Mad Photo Op
Latest Film News
- ‘House 2’: “I Hope Secretary Of Defense James Mattis Sees Haditha Massacre Doc” Says Director Michael Epstein…
- Imax Inks Deals With AMC & Cineworld To Expand New Laser System – CinemaCon
- Epic Pictures Unveils ‘The Golem’ As First Original Production For Dread Central Presents
- A Subdued Lars Von Trier Talks Cannes Comeback Movie & Addiction: "I Felt Horrible During Filming"
- BAFTA Sets Film Awards Dates; ‘Nowhere’ Starts Lensing In Canada – Global Briefs
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $217M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…