Last year, episode 3 of Downton Abbey‘s Season 3 pulled in 9.66M viewers on ITV1 for what was at the time the 3rd most-watched episode ever of the period drama in the UK. Season 4 so far hasn’t pulled in those numbers, and last night, the show’s 3rd episode of the new season saw a drop to 9.2M. That’s a 400K decrease on last week’s 9.6M. The season debut, on September 22nd, drew 9.5M viewers for the best UK premiere episode of the hit show’s run thus far. Downton had increased competition last night: it was up against Homeland in its Season 3 UK debut on Channel 4 which drew 2.2M viewers, according to The Guardian.
‘Downton Abbey’ Ratings Drop In 3rd Week As ‘Homeland’ Kicks Off In The UK
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward