Last year, episode 3 of Downton Abbey‘s Season 3 pulled in 9.66M viewers on ITV1 for what was at the time the 3rd most-watched episode ever of the period drama in the UK. Season 4 so far hasn’t pulled in those numbers, and last night, the show’s 3rd episode of the new season saw a drop to 9.2M. That’s a 400K decrease on last week’s 9.6M. The season debut, on September 22nd, drew 9.5M viewers for the best UK premiere episode of the hit show’s run thus far. Downton had increased competition last night: it was up against Homeland in its Season 3 UK debut on Channel 4 which drew 2.2M viewers, according to The Guardian.
‘Downton Abbey’ Ratings Drop In 3rd Week As ‘Homeland’ Kicks Off In The UK
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest International News
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Warner Bros Launches China Exchange Program With Casting, Management Focus
- ‘White Sun’ EP Danny Glover On The Hope Children Bring For The Future Of The Political Process
- Streaming Service BritBox Launches Xmas Specials and Simulcasts UK Shows