Last year, episode 3 of Downton Abbey‘s Season 3 pulled in 9.66M viewers on ITV1 for what was at the time the 3rd most-watched episode ever of the period drama in the UK. Season 4 so far hasn’t pulled in those numbers, and last night, the show’s 3rd episode of the new season saw a drop to 9.2M. That’s a 400K decrease on last week’s 9.6M. The season debut, on September 22nd, drew 9.5M viewers for the best UK premiere episode of the hit show’s run thus far. Downton had increased competition last night: it was up against Homeland in its Season 3 UK debut on Channel 4 which drew 2.2M viewers, according to The Guardian.
‘Downton Abbey’ Ratings Drop In 3rd Week As ‘Homeland’ Kicks Off In The UK
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest International News
- StudioCanal Launching French TV Production Unit
- ‘Black Panther’ Dashes Past $520M Worldwide, Eyes $170M+ In Second Global Weekend
- ‘The Bisexual’ Casts; Portugal Offers $3.5M Incentives; ITV Eyes More ‘Full Monty’…
- Netflix Gets Makeover With Property Original ‘Amazing On The Inside’
- Ioan Gruffudd Starts Working On Second Season Of ‘Harrow’ As Disney-Produced Show Debuts
- ‘Gosford Park’ Star Stephen Fry Reveals His Battle With Cancer