After facing its first drop of Season 4 last week, Downton Abbey was up again on Sunday night on the UK’s ITV1. The period drama’s fourth episode averaged 9.4M viewers, a 200K increase on last week’s installment. Episode 4 was 1M off the September 22nd premiere which was the show’s best debut across all seasons. Downton is now facing off against Homeland which started its third season on Channel 4 in the same 9 PM time slot last week. However, local reviews have not been strong and the series’ second episode averaged 1.94M viewers last night in what Broadcast says is the show’s lowest audience ever for Channel 4.
‘Downton Abbey’ Bounces Back Up In UK Ratings With 9.4M Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest International News
- ‘Crosscurrent’: First Trailer For Chinese Film That Won Berlin Silver Bear For Cinematography
- Toni Servillo & Matteo Garrone Reteam For ‘Pinocchio’
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M But ‘Mechanic’ Puts Wrench Into China Perf; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ Advance – Intl…
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- Ethan Hawke, Rose Byrne & Chris O’Dowd In Talks For Nick Hornby Adaptation ‘Juliet, Naked’
- Len Blavatnik’s AI Film Boards Margot Robbie-Starrer ‘I, Tonya’