Doctor Who is taking its anticipated 50th anniversary festivities global. BBC America announced today that the previously announced November 23 broadcast of its Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, The Day of the Doctor, will be a worldwide affair when the special airs simultaneously in the UK and U.S. and across the globe in 75 countries including Canada, Colombia, Brazil, Botswana, Myanmar, and Mexico. Matt Smith (the Eleventh Doctor), Jenna Coleman (companion Clara), David Tennant (the Tenth Doctor), Billie Piper and John Hurt star in the special which highlights a week-long BBC America Doctor Who celebration including the new film An Adventure in Space and Time, marathons, and additional special programs. BBC America will also host 3D screenings of the 50th anniversary episode in the U.S., details to be announced.
‘Doctor Who’ 50th Anniversary Special Set For November Global Simulcast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer