Doctor Who is taking its anticipated 50th anniversary festivities global. BBC America announced today that the previously announced November 23 broadcast of its Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, The Day of the Doctor, will be a worldwide affair when the special airs simultaneously in the UK and U.S. and across the globe in 75 countries including Canada, Colombia, Brazil, Botswana, Myanmar, and Mexico. Matt Smith (the Eleventh Doctor), Jenna Coleman (companion Clara), David Tennant (the Tenth Doctor), Billie Piper and John Hurt star in the special which highlights a week-long BBC America Doctor Who celebration including the new film An Adventure in Space and Time, marathons, and additional special programs. BBC America will also host 3D screenings of the 50th anniversary episode in the U.S., details to be announced.
‘Doctor Who’ 50th Anniversary Special Set For November Global Simulcast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'