Doctor Who is taking its anticipated 50th anniversary festivities global. BBC America announced today that the previously announced November 23 broadcast of its Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, The Day of the Doctor, will be a worldwide affair when the special airs simultaneously in the UK and U.S. and across the globe in 75 countries including Canada, Colombia, Brazil, Botswana, Myanmar, and Mexico. Matt Smith (the Eleventh Doctor), Jenna Coleman (companion Clara), David Tennant (the Tenth Doctor), Billie Piper and John Hurt star in the special which highlights a week-long BBC America Doctor Who celebration including the new film An Adventure in Space and Time, marathons, and additional special programs. BBC America will also host 3D screenings of the 50th anniversary episode in the U.S., details to be announced.
‘Doctor Who’ 50th Anniversary Special Set For November Global Simulcast
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'