Disney Junior is in production on its first original TV movie, a toon about a rubber ducky with a broken squeaker who’s trying to find a good home. Christian Borle, Megan Hilty and Tom Cavanaugh lead the voice cast for Lucky Duck, which is set to premiere in summer 2014 in the U.S. then go to Disney Junior channels around the world. Directed by Don Kim and written by Michael G. Stern, the pic follows Lucky (Borle), who fails an inspection at the toy factory but fortunately ends up in a shipping crate with approved toys. After accidentally being tossed off a cargo ship, the ducky teams with tub toys including a sassy hippo (Hilty) and apprehensive turtle (Cavanaugh) for an adventure. Irene Weibel and Colin Bohm are exec producing Lucky Duck, which is produced by Nelvana in association with Disney Junior.
Disney Junior Gets Into The Original Telefilm Business With ‘Lucky Duck’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo
- ‘Before The Flood’ To Premiere Commercial Free Across Nat Geo Global Networks October 30
- ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run…
- Freeform Buys 'Bad Dates' Relationship Comedy From 'Veep's Timothy Simons
- Chris McCarthy Adds MTV Oversight; Named President Of MTV, VH1 & Logo
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Rise As Seahawks & Cardinals Game Ends In Tie