Disney Junior is in production on its first original TV movie, a toon about a rubber ducky with a broken squeaker who’s trying to find a good home. Christian Borle, Megan Hilty and Tom Cavanaugh lead the voice cast for Lucky Duck, which is set to premiere in summer 2014 in the U.S. then go to Disney Junior channels around the world. Directed by Don Kim and written by Michael G. Stern, the pic follows Lucky (Borle), who fails an inspection at the toy factory but fortunately ends up in a shipping crate with approved toys. After accidentally being tossed off a cargo ship, the ducky teams with tub toys including a sassy hippo (Hilty) and apprehensive turtle (Cavanaugh) for an adventure. Irene Weibel and Colin Bohm are exec producing Lucky Duck, which is produced by Nelvana in association with Disney Junior.
Disney Junior Gets Into The Original Telefilm Business With ‘Lucky Duck’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video