Effective this month, Hollywood studios will package digital film and television content under the standard “Digital” or “Digital HD” brand, trade org Digital Entertainment Group announced today. The distinction applies to non-physical filmed media with the “Digital” or “Digital HD” branding to appear on DVD and Blu-ray packaging, digital downloads, advertising, social media and publicity campaigns, and merchandising as well as in the UltraViolet brand for participating studios. “Digital HD (or Digital) is a dynamic and direct approach aimed at consumers who want movies and television shows that they can access on their favorite devices,” said DEG President Amy Jo Smith in a statement. “Whether they access the DIGITAL HD version as part of a Blu-ray purchase or as transaction through a digital store, we believe this terminology will help them understand they are getting an exciting, versatile product that heightens their home entertainment experience.” Anchor Bay Entertainment, HBO Home Entertainment, Lionsgate, Paramount Home Media Distribution, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Universal Studios Home Entertainment, Walt Disney Studios and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment have agreed to participate in the initiative.
Studios Settle On ‘Digital HD’ & ‘Digital’ Standard Branding
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…
- ‘Ismael’s Ghosts’ Trailer: Marion Cotillard Haunts A Former Lover In Arnaud Desplechin Drama
- ‘Cowboy Ninja Viking’ Adds ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Scribe Eric Pearson