Spirit Award-winner Dee Rees (Pariah) has been set to adapt Martian Time-Slip, Philip K. Dick‘s 1964 sci-fi novel centered on a schizophrenic repairman living in a human colony on Mars. Rees will write the pic as a directorial project for herself with Isa Dick Hackett, daughter of Philip K. Dick, producing for Electric Shepherd Productions. The shingle run by Dick’s children previously produced 2011’s The Adjustment Bureau and is in development on Disney’s animated adaptation King of the Elves, Michel Gondry-helmed Ubik, and Electric Ant to be directed by Marc Forster. Rees is repped by WME and Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz. Victoria Cook negotiated the deal on Rees’ behalf with Christopher Tricarico repping the Dick estate and Electric Shepherd.
Dee Rees To Adapt Philip K. Dick’s ‘Martian Time-Slip’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Alcon Worldwide Marketing President Richard Ingber To Exit
- 'The Gambler': Mark Wahlberg In Remake's First Redband Peek
- Constantin, Dark Horse Team For 'Polar' Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Jeremy Sisto & More Join 'Love Is All You Need,' Kea Ho Gets 'Urge'
- IFC Nabs Al Pacino Drama 'Manglehorn'