EXCLUSIVE: TV Land has given a cast-contingent pilot order to Younger, a single-camera comedy written and executive produced by Sex And the City creator Darren Star. The project has been a top priority for the network, which put it on fast-track development only two months ago. Based on the novel by Pamela Redmond Satran, Younger centers on a suddenly-single New Jersey housewife and mother in her early 40s who, unable to restart her career, decides to lie about her age and successfully passes herself off as a twentysomething. Armed with a makeover and new resume, she wins a coveted position at the city’s hottest publishing company. Pretending to be “younger” doesn’t hurt in the bar scene, either, as guys line up like never before. Younger expands TV Land’s push in the single-camera format. The network’s other pilot, Jennifer Falls starring Jaime Pressly, originally developed as a multi-cam, also is being made as a single-cam. UTA-repped Star currently is directing/executive producing the hourlong Lifetime pilot HR starring Alicia Silverstone.
Darren Star’s Comedy ‘Younger’ Gets Cast-Contingent Pilot Order At TV Land
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'