EXCLUSIVE: TV Land has given a cast-contingent pilot order to Younger, a single-camera comedy written and executive produced by Sex And the City creator Darren Star. The project has been a top priority for the network, which put it on fast-track development only two months ago. Based on the novel by Pamela Redmond Satran, Younger centers on a suddenly-single New Jersey housewife and mother in her early 40s who, unable to restart her career, decides to lie about her age and successfully passes herself off as a twentysomething. Armed with a makeover and new resume, she wins a coveted position at the city’s hottest publishing company. Pretending to be “younger” doesn’t hurt in the bar scene, either, as guys line up like never before. Younger expands TV Land’s push in the single-camera format. The network’s other pilot, Jennifer Falls starring Jaime Pressly, originally developed as a multi-cam, also is being made as a single-cam. UTA-repped Star currently is directing/executive producing the hourlong Lifetime pilot HR starring Alicia Silverstone.
Darren Star’s Comedy ‘Younger’ Gets Cast-Contingent Pilot Order At TV Land
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Crown’ Review: Netflix’s Royal Drama Glitters, With History The True Jewel
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Low – Update
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate
- Clinton Camp Demands More Info As FBI Ponders Emails Found In Anthony Weiner Probe – Update
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV