EXCLUSIVE: TV Land has given a cast-contingent pilot order to Younger, a single-camera comedy written and executive produced by Sex And the City creator Darren Star. The project has been a top priority for the network, which put it on fast-track development only two months ago. Based on the novel by Pamela Redmond Satran, Younger centers on a suddenly-single New Jersey housewife and mother in her early 40s who, unable to restart her career, decides to lie about her age and successfully passes herself off as a twentysomething. Armed with a makeover and new resume, she wins a coveted position at the city’s hottest publishing company. Pretending to be “younger” doesn’t hurt in the bar scene, either, as guys line up like never before. Younger expands TV Land’s push in the single-camera format. The network’s other pilot, Jennifer Falls starring Jaime Pressly, originally developed as a multi-cam, also is being made as a single-cam. UTA-repped Star currently is directing/executive producing the hourlong Lifetime pilot HR starring Alicia Silverstone.
Darren Star’s Comedy ‘Younger’ Gets Cast-Contingent Pilot Order At TV Land
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate