The CW brass appear focused on finding an Army drama to add to its lineup. Following last year’s pilot Company Town, the network is staying in the military arena with Boots (working title), a new hourlong project from Breakout Kings co-creator/executive producer Nick Santora and Gary Fleder. Written by Santora and directed by Fleder, Boots is a serialized drama that follows young men and women from all over the country as they are thrown into the gauntlet that is the U.S. Marine Corps Boot Camp on Parris Island, SC. As they inevitably collide with each other, their instructors and local townies, these recruits must overcome their pasts and in doing so build their futures. CBS TV Studios, where Santora is under an overall deal, produces, with Santora and Fleder exec producing. This marks Santora’s second sale, along with a drama at CBS, which has a put pilot commitment with Justin Lin directing and exec producing and Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci exec producing. Fleder has a strong track record at the CW where all three pilots he has directed, Life Unexpected, Beauty And The Beast and last season’s Oxygen (now Star-Crossed), have gone to series. Santora is with WME and Gotham, Fleder with WME.
CW Developing Military Drama With Nick Santora & Gary Fleder
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres