EXCLUSIVE: The 400-year-old Roanoke Colony mystery is getting a galactic twist with Colony, a drama project at The CW from CBS TV Studios and the studio-based Kennedy/Marshall Co. Written by Ian Goldberg (Once Upon A Time), Colony is a thriller about a group of explorers sent to colonize Mars, willing to leave their lives behind to brave the dangers of another planet, and the terrifying reality they discover. It is inspired by the story of The Lost Colony, the 16th century British settlement on Roanoke Island, off the coast of North Carolina, whose inhabitants vanished without a trace, sparking a slew of theories about their fate. Goldberg will executive produce with Kennedy/Marshall’s Robert Zotnowski and Frank Marshall. The project stems from Kennedy/Marshall’s deal at CBS TV Studios. In the first year of the pact, the company, repped by CAA and Alan Hergott, landed a pilot order at CBS for The Ordained last season. Goldberg is with CAA, New Wave and Loan Dang.
CW Developing Mars Colony Drama From Kennedy/Marshall
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV
- ‘Son Of Zorn’ Co-Creator/Co-Showrunner Eli Jorne Exits Fox Comedy Series
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Chelsea Handler & EPs Talk Delivering Info With Humor In Docu-Series
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Now Even, ‘Big Bang’ Up, ‘Mom’ & Game Of Silence’ Adjusted Down In Final Numbers…