EXCLUSIVE: The 400-year-old Roanoke Colony mystery is getting a galactic twist with Colony, a drama project at The CW from CBS TV Studios and the studio-based Kennedy/Marshall Co. Written by Ian Goldberg (Once Upon A Time), Colony is a thriller about a group of explorers sent to colonize Mars, willing to leave their lives behind to brave the dangers of another planet, and the terrifying reality they discover. It is inspired by the story of The Lost Colony, the 16th century British settlement on Roanoke Island, off the coast of North Carolina, whose inhabitants vanished without a trace, sparking a slew of theories about their fate. Goldberg will executive produce with Kennedy/Marshall’s Robert Zotnowski and Frank Marshall. The project stems from Kennedy/Marshall’s deal at CBS TV Studios. In the first year of the pact, the company, repped by CAA and Alan Hergott, landed a pilot order at CBS for The Ordained last season. Goldberg is with CAA, New Wave and Loan Dang.
CW Developing Mars Colony Drama From Kennedy/Marshall
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- One To Watch: The Incredible Underdog Story Of Beulah Koale, Star Of ‘Thank You For Your Service’ & ‘Hawaii Five-O…
- Comedy Central Orders 2 New Series From ‘Saturday Night Live’, ‘Late Night’ Alums
- Softer NFL Ratings Will Drag Down CBS Q3 Earnings, Wall Street Analyst Warns
- The Scaramucci Post Pulls “How Many Jews” Holocaust Poll After Twitter Torching
- Chris Cuomo Anchors ‘Inside’ For HLN Over Five Fridays
- CBS Names Writers Mentoring Program Participants For 2017-18