EXCLUSIVE: The 400-year-old Roanoke Colony mystery is getting a galactic twist with Colony, a drama project at The CW from CBS TV Studios and the studio-based Kennedy/Marshall Co. Written by Ian Goldberg (Once Upon A Time), Colony is a thriller about a group of explorers sent to colonize Mars, willing to leave their lives behind to brave the dangers of another planet, and the terrifying reality they discover. It is inspired by the story of The Lost Colony, the 16th century British settlement on Roanoke Island, off the coast of North Carolina, whose inhabitants vanished without a trace, sparking a slew of theories about their fate. Goldberg will executive produce with Kennedy/Marshall’s Robert Zotnowski and Frank Marshall. The project stems from Kennedy/Marshall’s deal at CBS TV Studios. In the first year of the pact, the company, repped by CAA and Alan Hergott, landed a pilot order at CBS for The Ordained last season. Goldberg is with CAA, New Wave and Loan Dang.
CW Developing Mars Colony Drama From Kennedy/Marshall
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Craig Ferguson To Visit NBC's 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' Tonight
- Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order, Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'