Endemol USA is taking a page from FremantleMedia North America’s playbook. After FMNA turned to subsidiary Original Prods. to find a successor to topper Cécile Frot-Coutaz in Thom Beers, Endemol is doing the same, naming 51 Minds CEO Cris Abrego and Original Media CEO Charlie Corwin as Co-Chairman and Co-CEO of Endemol North America, replacing departing CEO David Goldberg. The two will oversee Endemol’s North American operations, which include their respective companies as well as fellow subsidiaries Authentic Entertainment, Endemol Studios and True Entertainment. Endemol acquired Abrego and Mark Cronin’s 51 Minds in 2008, while Corwin’s Original Media was added in 2007. While Endemol has recently made inroads in daytime and scripted programming with Steve Harvey, AMC’s Hell On Wheels and Low Winter Sun, the company is yet to find new tentople reality shows to join veterans Big Brothers and Wipeout.
Cris Abrego & Charlie Corwin Named Endemol North America Co-CEOs
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?