Hollywood’s desire for comic book properties shows no sign of slowing down. IDW Publishing today announced it’s spawning a new division, IDW Entertainment, to fund and develop new television properties based on its catalog of comic books and graphic novels. Entertainment industry vet David Ozer has been named president of the new division. Circle of Confusion, executive producer of AMC’s The Walking Dead, will oversee packaging and creative development and will executive produce the company’s projects. Properties first slated for development include Life Undead, Brooklyn Animal Control and V Wars. IDW Entertainment is repped in all areas by CAA.
Comic Book Firm IDW Publishing Launches TV Division
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
Latest TV News
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter