Mother and daughter duo Susan Sarandon and Eva Amurri Martino are set to play one on TV in a single-camera comedy project, which has received a pilot production commitment by NBC. Written by Martino and Will McCormack based on an original idea from Martino, Growing Ivy is about Type A+ Ivy Davis (Martino) who craves the stability she lacked in her childhood and, as a result, has thrown herself into her career at the expense of her personal life. In an attempt to restore balance and potentially find love, she invites her freewheeling, eccentric mom, Franckie (Sarandon), to move in with her and work on their relationship. Warner Bros. TV and McCormack and Rashida Jones’ studio-based Le Train Train are producing, with McCormack and Jones executive producing, Oscar winner Sarandon and Martino co-executive producing and Jeff Grosvenor producing. Martino, who recurred on Californication, is with Paradigm, Underground and Abel Lezcano, while Sarandon, who recently recurred on another Showtime comedy, The Big C, is with ICM Partners and Jon Moonves. It has been a very strong first development season for UTA-repped Le Train Train with a slew of sales, including put pilot commitments for A to Z at NBC and Stuck at Fox.
Comedy Toplined By Susan Sarandon & Daughter Eva Amurri Martino Gets NBC Pilot Production Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of a Call Girl' Creator
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'