EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has given a pilot pickup to Checked Out, a comedy written by Workaholics co-executive producer Craig DiGregorio. The project, to be directed by Matt Villines and Oz Rodriguez (Saturday Night Live), follows two co-dependent, odd-couple cousins (Sean Clements and Dominic Dierkes) trying to manage a youth hostel without fully understanding youth, managing, hostels, or how people normally behave. DiGregorio, Clements, Dierkes, Oly Obst and Greg Walter of 3 Arts and Andrew O’Connor of Objective Media executive produce. The project took an entrepreneurial route to pilot. Instead of selling a pitch for a script order, DiGregorio and his managers at 3 Arts opted to shoot an independently financed nearly full-length presentation starring Clements and Dierkes, who are story editors on Workaholics and have written and performed together in UCB improv comedy troupes. The presentation, which landed the group a green light at Comedy Central, also landed Billy Zane who is now in discussions to reprise his role in the pilot. DiGregorio is repped by WME and 3 Arts; Clements is with UTA and Mosaic; Dierkes, Villines and Rodriguez are with CAA and 3 Arts and Zane is with Underground. All five are also repped by attorney Lev Ginsburg.
Comedy Central Orders Odd Couple Pilot From ‘Workaholics’ Craig DiGregorio
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV