EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has given a pilot pickup to Checked Out, a comedy written by Workaholics co-executive producer Craig DiGregorio. The project, to be directed by Matt Villines and Oz Rodriguez (Saturday Night Live), follows two co-dependent, odd-couple cousins (Sean Clements and Dominic Dierkes) trying to manage a youth hostel without fully understanding youth, managing, hostels, or how people normally behave. DiGregorio, Clements, Dierkes, Oly Obst and Greg Walter of 3 Arts and Andrew O’Connor of Objective Media executive produce. The project took an entrepreneurial route to pilot. Instead of selling a pitch for a script order, DiGregorio and his managers at 3 Arts opted to shoot an independently financed nearly full-length presentation starring Clements and Dierkes, who are story editors on Workaholics and have written and performed together in UCB improv comedy troupes. The presentation, which landed the group a green light at Comedy Central, also landed Billy Zane who is now in discussions to reprise his role in the pilot. DiGregorio is repped by WME and 3 Arts; Clements is with UTA and Mosaic; Dierkes, Villines and Rodriguez are with CAA and 3 Arts and Zane is with Underground. All five are also repped by attorney Lev Ginsburg.
Comedy Central Orders Odd Couple Pilot From ‘Workaholics’ Craig DiGregorio
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- Univision Pulls Ads; Owner Of Orlando Pulse Club, Mothers, Victims, GLADD Press The Network To Stop “Blood Bath”
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists