EXCLUSIVE: Comedy Central has given a pilot pickup to Checked Out, a comedy written by Workaholics co-executive producer Craig DiGregorio. The project, to be directed by Matt Villines and Oz Rodriguez (Saturday Night Live), follows two co-dependent, odd-couple cousins (Sean Clements and Dominic Dierkes) trying to manage a youth hostel without fully understanding youth, managing, hostels, or how people normally behave. DiGregorio, Clements, Dierkes, Oly Obst and Greg Walter of 3 Arts and Andrew O’Connor of Objective Media executive produce. The project took an entrepreneurial route to pilot. Instead of selling a pitch for a script order, DiGregorio and his managers at 3 Arts opted to shoot an independently financed nearly full-length presentation starring Clements and Dierkes, who are story editors on Workaholics and have written and performed together in UCB improv comedy troupes. The presentation, which landed the group a green light at Comedy Central, also landed Billy Zane who is now in discussions to reprise his role in the pilot. DiGregorio is repped by WME and 3 Arts; Clements is with UTA and Mosaic; Dierkes, Villines and Rodriguez are with CAA and 3 Arts and Zane is with Underground. All five are also repped by attorney Lev Ginsburg.
Comedy Central Orders Odd Couple Pilot From ‘Workaholics’ Craig DiGregorio
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest TV News
- HBO Drives With Docuseries ‘UConn Huskies: The March To Madness’
- ‘Booze Traveler: Best Bars’ Series Gets Green Light By Travel Channel
- Last Day On The Job For Animation Guild's Steve Hulett, Hollywood’s Longest-Serving Union Leader
- ‘Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events’ Trailer No. 2: No Happy Endings Here
- ‘Victoria’s Secret’ Ratings Hit New Low, ‘Monday Night Football’ Tackled
- YouTube & Blumhouse TV Team For ’12 Deadly Days’ Horror-Comedy Series