EXCLUSIVE: Showtime has put in development a dark comedy project created by and starring Moshe Kasher, from 3 Arts Entertainment and Matt Tolmach Prods. Based on the comedian’s stand-up and his 2012 memoir, Kasher In The Rye: The True Tale Of A White Boy From Oakland Who Became A Drug Addict, Criminal, Mental Patient … And Then Turned Sixteen, the project chronicles Kasher’s teenage years in Oakland in the 1990s and his deaf mother’s struggles to raise him. Kasher will write and executive produce alongside former film executive-turned-producer Matt Tolmach (The Amazing Spider-Man franchise) and 3 Arts’ Dave Becky and Josh Lieberman. Tolmach, repped by UTA for TV, recently served as producer on Sony Pictures Classics’ upcoming The Armstrong Lie. Last year, Kasher, repped by WME and 3 Arts, was a writer on NBC’s The New Normal and released his first stand up special, Moshe Kasher: Live In Oakland, on Netflix. He co-hosts The Champs podcast, is a frequent guest on Chelsea Lately and has appeared on Showtime’s Shameless.
Comedian Moshe Kasher To Create & Star In Autobiographical Half-Hour For Showtime
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Man In The High Castle’ Reveals Season 2 Key Art & Who The Future Belongs To
- SyFy Sets Date For First-Ever All-Star Edition Of ‘Face Off’
- MTV President Sean Atkins Steps Down
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener