EXCLUSIVE: Showtime has put in development a dark comedy project created by and starring Moshe Kasher, from 3 Arts Entertainment and Matt Tolmach Prods. Based on the comedian’s stand-up and his 2012 memoir, Kasher In The Rye: The True Tale Of A White Boy From Oakland Who Became A Drug Addict, Criminal, Mental Patient … And Then Turned Sixteen, the project chronicles Kasher’s teenage years in Oakland in the 1990s and his deaf mother’s struggles to raise him. Kasher will write and executive produce alongside former film executive-turned-producer Matt Tolmach (The Amazing Spider-Man franchise) and 3 Arts’ Dave Becky and Josh Lieberman. Tolmach, repped by UTA for TV, recently served as producer on Sony Pictures Classics’ upcoming The Armstrong Lie. Last year, Kasher, repped by WME and 3 Arts, was a writer on NBC’s The New Normal and released his first stand up special, Moshe Kasher: Live In Oakland, on Netflix. He co-hosts The Champs podcast, is a frequent guest on Chelsea Lately and has appeared on Showtime’s Shameless.
Comedian Moshe Kasher To Create & Star In Autobiographical Half-Hour For Showtime
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’