Comcast has purchased 10 Universal City Plaza, the 35-story building that sits adjacent to the Universal Studios Hollywood theme park and the headquarters of Universal Pictures. “NBCUniversal continues to explore real estate opportunities as they arise near its ongoing business operations in Universal City. The company proceeded with purchasing 10 UCP given the current market conditions, the building is at the gateway to our property, and NBCUniversal is currently the majority tenant”, the company said today in a statement. NBCUniversal declined to discuss financial details, but the Los Angeles Times reported the property sold for about $420 million. Deadline was told that the purchase does not impact NBCUniversal’s 25-year Evolution Plan which includes The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter themed land at Universal Studios Hollywood theme park, as well as new and upgraded TV production facilities, office space and infrastructure on the Universal Studios lot. The company will be determining in the coming months how best to utilize the new space.
Comcast Acquires Universal City Tower
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest