Comcast has purchased 10 Universal City Plaza, the 35-story building that sits adjacent to the Universal Studios Hollywood theme park and the headquarters of Universal Pictures. “NBCUniversal continues to explore real estate opportunities as they arise near its ongoing business operations in Universal City. The company proceeded with purchasing 10 UCP given the current market conditions, the building is at the gateway to our property, and NBCUniversal is currently the majority tenant”, the company said today in a statement. NBCUniversal declined to discuss financial details, but the Los Angeles Times reported the property sold for about $420 million. Deadline was told that the purchase does not impact NBCUniversal’s 25-year Evolution Plan which includes The Wizarding World Of Harry Potter themed land at Universal Studios Hollywood theme park, as well as new and upgraded TV production facilities, office space and infrastructure on the Universal Studios lot. The company will be determining in the coming months how best to utilize the new space.
Comcast Acquires Universal City Tower
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'