EXCLUSIVE: Tomorrow, folks outside the UK will get a chance to see game show/horror hybrid Release The Hounds. The show, from Sony Pictures Television‘s UK production joint venture Gogglebox, premiered on Britain’s ITV2 as a one-hour one-off on Monday and has received positive notices for the premise, and an outpouring of interest on Twitter. Taking advantage of Halloween, it will be available on Metacafe.com and the BlackBoxTV channel on YouTube in all markets outside the UK and Middle East via a deal between SPT and multi-channel network and website publisher Collective Digital Studio (The Annoying Orange, Video Game High School). Release The Hounds mixes two genres by sending unsuspecting contestants into a forest at dusk as they seek out chests full of prize money. In order to win big, they must outrun a pack of hounds trained to guard the cash. SPT played up the show during the recent Mipcom TV market in Cannes where every evening at 5 PM the sound of hounds barking blared over the loudspeaker system at its beachside pavillion. The move to place this one-off with CDS is a means build buzz and evaluate worldwide reaction. It’s an interesting test-marketing move for a premise that has yet to be commissioned as a broadcast series. CDS will release it in 10-minute chunks and tease it out over the rest of the week. Here’s the offical ITV2 trailer:
Collective Digital Studio To ‘Release The Hounds’ On The World For Halloween
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'