CNN went shopping at ABC News again — this time it has hired Good Morning America‘s Jay Shaylor as executive producer of The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer. Shaylor had been senior producer at GMA since 2006. Among his credits, he coordinated coverage of the Boston Marathon bombings, the Oklahoma tornadoes, and the Deepwater Horizon spill. Shaylor is replacing Patricia DiCarlo, who was named director of CNN’s investigations unit. DiCarlo had EP’d Situation since 2010.
CNN Shops ABC For ‘Situation Room’s New EP Jay Shaylor
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…