CNN went shopping at ABC News again — this time it has hired Good Morning America‘s Jay Shaylor as executive producer of The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer. Shaylor had been senior producer at GMA since 2006. Among his credits, he coordinated coverage of the Boston Marathon bombings, the Oklahoma tornadoes, and the Deepwater Horizon spill. Shaylor is replacing Patricia DiCarlo, who was named director of CNN’s investigations unit. DiCarlo had EP’d Situation since 2010.
CNN Shops ABC For ‘Situation Room’s New EP Jay Shaylor
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season