CNN went shopping at ABC News again — this time it has hired Good Morning America‘s Jay Shaylor as executive producer of The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer. Shaylor had been senior producer at GMA since 2006. Among his credits, he coordinated coverage of the Boston Marathon bombings, the Oklahoma tornadoes, and the Deepwater Horizon spill. Shaylor is replacing Patricia DiCarlo, who was named director of CNN’s investigations unit. DiCarlo had EP’d Situation since 2010.
CNN Shops ABC For ‘Situation Room’s New EP Jay Shaylor
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series