The prolific author claims in a new lawsuit that an LA man has falsely claimed that he controls the rights to a recent series of adventure books by Clive Cussler. In a suit filed Tuesday in LA Superior Court (read it here), the Sahara and Raise The Titanic author says John Fassett – “who represents himself as a motion picture and film producer,” according to the suit — was claiming rights to The Oregon Files and using names including Cussler Studios and Oregon Entertainment Group “to obtain substantial sums of money from third parties to which defendants are not entitled and by which defendants have been unjustly enriched.” Cussler is suing for unfair competition and slander of title, among other causes, and is seeking a permanent injunction against using the author’s name or claiming rights to the book series. He also seeks tripled damages, punitive damages and restitution. Attorneys Bert Fields, Charles N. Shephard, Caroline S. Heindel of Green Glusker Fields of Los Angeles represent the plaintiff.
Clive Cussler Sues Producer Over Claim Of Rights To ‘The Oregon Files’ Novels
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cannes, Disney Self-Absorption, Suzanne Somers
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows With $26.7M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $45.8M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs $12.5M…