EXCLUSIVE: CBS has put in development a crime drama based on the Austrian series Fast Forward (Schnell Ermittelt). Unforgettable co-exec producer Wendy Battles will write the adaptation, from Sony TV, Jamie Tarses’ studio-based Fanfare and CBS TV Studios. The project centers on a female homicide detective who juggles the demands of her job while co-parenting and working side-by-side with her newly divorced husband, the medical examiner. Law & Order alumna Battles executive produces with Tarses and the original series’ producers Andreas Kamm, Oliver Auspitz, Kurt M. Mrkwicka and Katharina Schenk, who oversaw the drama for ORF. Schnell Ermittelt debuted on Austria’s ORF Public Broadcasting network in 2008 and had a successful four-season run. The format is repped by Paradigm.
CBS To Adapt Austrian Crime Drama With Producer Jamie Tarses
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’