EXCLUSIVE: CBS has put in development a crime drama based on the Austrian series Fast Forward (Schnell Ermittelt). Unforgettable co-exec producer Wendy Battles will write the adaptation, from Sony TV, Jamie Tarses’ studio-based Fanfare and CBS TV Studios. The project centers on a female homicide detective who juggles the demands of her job while co-parenting and working side-by-side with her newly divorced husband, the medical examiner. Law & Order alumna Battles executive produces with Tarses and the original series’ producers Andreas Kamm, Oliver Auspitz, Kurt M. Mrkwicka and Katharina Schenk, who oversaw the drama for ORF. Schnell Ermittelt debuted on Austria’s ORF Public Broadcasting network in 2008 and had a successful four-season run. The format is repped by Paradigm.
CBS To Adapt Austrian Crime Drama With Producer Jamie Tarses
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis To Topline Showtime Pilot 'Billions'
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC