EXCLUSIVE: CBS has put in development a crime drama based on the Austrian series Fast Forward (Schnell Ermittelt). Unforgettable co-exec producer Wendy Battles will write the adaptation, from Sony TV, Jamie Tarses’ studio-based Fanfare and CBS TV Studios. The project centers on a female homicide detective who juggles the demands of her job while co-parenting and working side-by-side with her newly divorced husband, the medical examiner. Law & Order alumna Battles executive produces with Tarses and the original series’ producers Andreas Kamm, Oliver Auspitz, Kurt M. Mrkwicka and Katharina Schenk, who oversaw the drama for ORF. Schnell Ermittelt debuted on Austria’s ORF Public Broadcasting network in 2008 and had a successful four-season run. The format is repped by Paradigm.
CBS To Adapt Austrian Crime Drama With Producer Jamie Tarses
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Sharp Objects' Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
Latest TV News
- Warner Bros Promotes Korean Execs; Cineflix Hires Newen Chief; BBC Studios Opens Drama Unit – Global Briefs
- Natalka Znak Reveals How She Skated Off With Fox Pilot For Big-Budget Entertainment Format ‘Revolution’
- 'The Split': Creator Abi Morgan Files Papers On Female-Led Divorce Drama For BBC One & SundanceTV
- John Oliver Compares Donald Trump Administration To ‘Sharknado’
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Recap: Time’s Up In The Park
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel