CBS has given a put pilot commitment to a single-camera comedy executive produced by Greg Berlanti. The project, based on the Israeli series Haverot (Little Mom), will be written by Julie Rottenberg and Elisa Zuritsky who last season adapted another Israeli comedy for CBS, Mother’s Day, which went to pilot starring Debra Messing. The new project revolves around three moms who live in a Brooklyn high-rise and how they help each other stay sane (or try to) as they juggle their friendships, marriages and kids. Berlanti, Rottenberg and Zuritsky executive produce, with Melissa Kellner Berman co-executive producing for Warner Bros TV and Berlanti’s studio-based Berlanti Prods. The original series, produced by Yoav Gross Prods for Channel 10 Israel and distributed globally by Dori Media, was created by Gross, Lital Schwartz, Shay Ben-Atar, and Liat Shavit. (You can watch a subtitled trailer below.) This marks WME-repped Berlanti Prods’ third big sale this season, joining Arrow spinoff Flash at the CW and The Mysteries Of Laura, which has a production commitment at NBC. Dori Media is repped by WME.
CBS Nabs Mom Comedy From Greg Berlanti, Julie Rottenberg, Elisa Zuritsky As Put Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'