CBS has given a put pilot commitment to a single-camera comedy executive produced by Greg Berlanti. The project, based on the Israeli series Haverot (Little Mom), will be written by Julie Rottenberg and Elisa Zuritsky who last season adapted another Israeli comedy for CBS, Mother’s Day, which went to pilot starring Debra Messing. The new project revolves around three moms who live in a Brooklyn high-rise and how they help each other stay sane (or try to) as they juggle their friendships, marriages and kids. Berlanti, Rottenberg and Zuritsky executive produce, with Melissa Kellner Berman co-executive producing for Warner Bros TV and Berlanti’s studio-based Berlanti Prods. The original series, produced by Yoav Gross Prods for Channel 10 Israel and distributed globally by Dori Media, was created by Gross, Lital Schwartz, Shay Ben-Atar, and Liat Shavit. (You can watch a subtitled trailer below.) This marks WME-repped Berlanti Prods’ third big sale this season, joining Arrow spinoff Flash at the CW and The Mysteries Of Laura, which has a production commitment at NBC. Dori Media is repped by WME.
CBS Nabs Mom Comedy From Greg Berlanti, Julie Rottenberg, Elisa Zuritsky As Put Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates