The new agreement expands on a deal Comcast had to show CBS programs on demand. The change will give the cable company’s Xfinity On Demand and Xfinity Streampix users opportunities to watch all past seasons of The Good Wife and WB’s Charmed. Those who want to skip the ads are out of luck: Comcast disables fast-forwarding for the broadcast content. The additional showings on Streampix “will enable more fans to catch up on past episodes” while giving CBS “yet another way to monetize our content.” says Scott Koondel, the network’s Chief Corporate Content Licensing Officer. But nothing is simple in deals that involve new platforms: Some CBS shows including 2 Broke Girls, Person Of Interest, The Mentalist, and newcomers The Crazy Ones and Mom will be available on VOD and at Xfinity.com, but not via Streampix. CBS will add shows “to provide viewers more opportunities to catch up,” the companies say.
CBS Increases Program Offerings For Comcast VOD Services
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Business News
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- LaVar Ball Denies Trump Helped Free Son LiAngelo From China Shoplifting Charges
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks