The new agreement expands on a deal Comcast had to show CBS programs on demand. The change will give the cable company’s Xfinity On Demand and Xfinity Streampix users opportunities to watch all past seasons of The Good Wife and WB’s Charmed. Those who want to skip the ads are out of luck: Comcast disables fast-forwarding for the broadcast content. The additional showings on Streampix “will enable more fans to catch up on past episodes” while giving CBS “yet another way to monetize our content.” says Scott Koondel, the network’s Chief Corporate Content Licensing Officer. But nothing is simple in deals that involve new platforms: Some CBS shows including 2 Broke Girls, Person Of Interest, The Mentalist, and newcomers The Crazy Ones and Mom will be available on VOD and at Xfinity.com, but not via Streampix. CBS will add shows “to provide viewers more opportunities to catch up,” the companies say.
CBS Increases Program Offerings For Comcast VOD Services
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Will 'Get Out' Of The House & Spend $26.5M-$28M On Jordan Peele's Directorial Debut - Midday B.O. Update
Latest Business News
- Viacom’s Bob Bakish Completes First Week Of Meetings For Brad Grey’s Paramount Successor
- FCC Chairman Moves To Stop Internet Privacy Plan, Seeking To Match FTC Rules
- Will Snap’s IPO Help It To Take Facebook Users And TV Ad Dollars?
- Patty Freedman Dies: Theater Publicist & Actress Was 64
- ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ Grosses Big $33M In China On First Day; Third Highest For Hollywood Film
- Bill Cosby Gets Partial Win In 2004 Rape Case As Judge Limits Witnesses