The new agreement expands on a deal Comcast had to show CBS programs on demand. The change will give the cable company’s Xfinity On Demand and Xfinity Streampix users opportunities to watch all past seasons of The Good Wife and WB’s Charmed. Those who want to skip the ads are out of luck: Comcast disables fast-forwarding for the broadcast content. The additional showings on Streampix “will enable more fans to catch up on past episodes” while giving CBS “yet another way to monetize our content.” says Scott Koondel, the network’s Chief Corporate Content Licensing Officer. But nothing is simple in deals that involve new platforms: Some CBS shows including 2 Broke Girls, Person Of Interest, The Mentalist, and newcomers The Crazy Ones and Mom will be available on VOD and at Xfinity.com, but not via Streampix. CBS will add shows “to provide viewers more opportunities to catch up,” the companies say.
CBS Increases Program Offerings For Comcast VOD Services
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content