The new agreement expands on a deal Comcast had to show CBS programs on demand. The change will give the cable company’s Xfinity On Demand and Xfinity Streampix users opportunities to watch all past seasons of The Good Wife and WB’s Charmed. Those who want to skip the ads are out of luck: Comcast disables fast-forwarding for the broadcast content. The additional showings on Streampix “will enable more fans to catch up on past episodes” while giving CBS “yet another way to monetize our content.” says Scott Koondel, the network’s Chief Corporate Content Licensing Officer. But nothing is simple in deals that involve new platforms: Some CBS shows including 2 Broke Girls, Person Of Interest, The Mentalist, and newcomers The Crazy Ones and Mom will be available on VOD and at Xfinity.com, but not via Streampix. CBS will add shows “to provide viewers more opportunities to catch up,” the companies say.
CBS Increases Program Offerings For Comcast VOD Services
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest Business News
- Arts Endowment, Key Brand’s Miles Wilkin Set To Get Special Tony Awards
- Spiderworx Media Launches; $50M Film Fund From Daniel Adams & Mike Flanders Sets First Project
- BuzzFeed Says It Will Expand Video Offerings And Ad Sales Partnerships – Newfront
- Gannett Asks Tribune Investors To Show Support For A Deal By Withholding Votes
- Fox Group Ups Jill Ratner To EVP Litigation
- Are Disney And Fox Ready To Use Hulu To Declare War On Cable TV?