EXCLUSIVE: CBS is teaming with Criminal Minds executive producer Janine Sherman Barrois for a new crime drama project, this time more serialized. Titled Jigsaw, the project hails from Criminal Minds producer ABC Studios and Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s studio-based Fake Empire. Written and executive produced by Barrois, Jigsaw follows the intersecting lives of homicide detectives, prosecutors, defense attorneys, the Media and the Mayor’s office as they work to solve the most scandalous crimes San Francisco has seen in decades. Schwartz, Savage and Fake Empire President of Television Len Goldstein also executive produce. Both Fake Empire and Barrois are in the first year of overall deals at ABC Studios. This marks Fake Empire’s sixth sale, joining two dramas and two comedies at ABC and a teen drama penned by Diablo Cody at Fox. Barrois serves as executive producer on Criminal Minds, where she has been since 2010, and recently penned the veteran drama’s ninth-season premiere. Barrois, repped by WME and Felker Toczek, previously was an executive producer on the final season of ER and a co-executive producer on Third Watch where she worked for five seasons.
CBS Buys Crime Drama From Fake Empire & ‘Criminal Minds’ EP Janine Sherman Barrois
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring