EXCLUSIVE: CBS is teaming with Criminal Minds executive producer Janine Sherman Barrois for a new crime drama project, this time more serialized. Titled Jigsaw, the project hails from Criminal Minds producer ABC Studios and Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s studio-based Fake Empire. Written and executive produced by Barrois, Jigsaw follows the intersecting lives of homicide detectives, prosecutors, defense attorneys, the Media and the Mayor’s office as they work to solve the most scandalous crimes San Francisco has seen in decades. Schwartz, Savage and Fake Empire President of Television Len Goldstein also executive produce. Both Fake Empire and Barrois are in the first year of overall deals at ABC Studios. This marks Fake Empire’s sixth sale, joining two dramas and two comedies at ABC and a teen drama penned by Diablo Cody at Fox. Barrois serves as executive producer on Criminal Minds, where she has been since 2010, and recently penned the veteran drama’s ninth-season premiere. Barrois, repped by WME and Felker Toczek, previously was an executive producer on the final season of ER and a co-executive producer on Third Watch where she worked for five seasons.
CBS Buys Crime Drama From Fake Empire & ‘Criminal Minds’ EP Janine Sherman Barrois
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'