Leading French pay-TV operator Canal Plus is planting its first flag in Canada under this new deal with Dailymotion, Europe’s answer to YouTube. Canal+ Canada will launch in November as a VOD platform carrying original programming plus movies, TV series (including Les Revenants and The Tunnel), and documentaries. Sports for the moment are not part of the package. The service will be accessible in all of Canada, but the content will be delivered in French. Unlimited access to Canal+ Canada will be available via a monthly $7.99 subscription. There’s also an à la carte option. As with the Canal Plus flagship channel in France, the online Canadian outlet will air its news and entertainment shows unencrypted. Those include daily programs Les Guignols, Le Petit Journal and Le Grand Journal (for regulars of the Cannes Film Festival, that’s the one that broadcasts from the Croisette throughout the event).
Canal Plus, Dailymotion Team To Launch Canal+ Canada VOD Platform
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Donald Trump Threatens Iran, Blasts Michael Cohen Question, Plucks Dandruff Off Emmanuel Macron At Mad Photo Op
Latest International News
- Vincent Bolloré Detained By French Police Amid Probe Into Family Holding Company
- Donald Trump Threatens Iran, Blasts Michael Cohen Question, Plucks Dandruff Off Emmanuel Macron At Mad Photo Op
- Imax Inks Deals With AMC & Cineworld To Expand New Laser System – CinemaCon
- Viacom's Channel 5 Aims To Lift The Curse Of ‘The New Wife’ By Handing ITV Studios New Casting Challenge
- A Subdued Lars Von Trier Talks Cannes Comeback Movie & Addiction: "I Felt Horrible During Filming"
- BAFTA Sets Film Awards Dates; ‘Nowhere’ Starts Lensing In Canada – Global Briefs