Leading French pay-TV operator Canal Plus is planting its first flag in Canada under this new deal with Dailymotion, Europe’s answer to YouTube. Canal+ Canada will launch in November as a VOD platform carrying original programming plus movies, TV series (including Les Revenants and The Tunnel), and documentaries. Sports for the moment are not part of the package. The service will be accessible in all of Canada, but the content will be delivered in French. Unlimited access to Canal+ Canada will be available via a monthly $7.99 subscription. There’s also an à la carte option. As with the Canal Plus flagship channel in France, the online Canadian outlet will air its news and entertainment shows unencrypted. Those include daily programs Les Guignols, Le Petit Journal and Le Grand Journal (for regulars of the Cannes Film Festival, that’s the one that broadcasts from the Croisette throughout the event).
Canal Plus, Dailymotion Team To Launch Canal+ Canada VOD Platform
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds Takes On Mormon Church Policy With HBO Doc 'Believer' — Sundance Studio
Latest International News
- ITN Productions Eyes U.S. Expansion, Preps California ‘House Of Horrors’, Meghan Markle And Trump Docs
- Fox-Sky Deal: UK Authority Says “Not In The Public Interest”; Hints Disney Could Help
- Sony Launches Free-To-Air Crime Channel In The UK
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question
- British TV Host Billie JD Porter Details Vice Harassment Allegations
- Caryn Mandabach Prods Developing Kazuo Ishiguro’s ‘When We Were Orphans’